Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Danbury Pastor


The task of a pastor is a hard one. If you kill the wolf you risk killing the sheep, I think all they can do, is to feed and water and clean the sheep…but the wolf then will go out and feed on self justice and drink on hatred or ungodly mercy and so the job of a pastor is a tedious and long one.


This is true to my life, and now I look back this last years, ten or so, and a big smile crosses my face…but my eyes are teary. I feel like you have made me, but I’m kidding I know you showed me to the One, my Maker. And though I walked away I never escaped the teachings of Jesus you so patiently taught me. I followed the pastor from a distance, and you did the same to me, I know. You are a cross congregational caregiver and lover of many souls. You care not for titles or labels good or bad ones given to others or to you. Of all the Bible books and lessons on Sunday classes that we studied, you are the one. The living lesson of freedom, love and ethic. You do not suffer with the incessant sting of hearts that refuse to flourish. You just don’t. You do not despair with the minimalist ones, short of everything beautiful and grandiose yet abundant on everything “ oldmanish “

And you love them, you just can’t take revenge, can’t change your course, can’t re-learn to be worldly. So, as some say: You are what you eat! I think after drinking and eating from the Word for so long it’s now what you are.

Augusto Cury would say that you are free from the “tyranny of the response”

You have no affiliations with evil, you travel “Light”

And now, this is my point: I think I am finding myself enlightened, drenched in the same freedom to love and the same peace to be and to go on, that you have. I think that I am knowing this revelation but by the Holy Spirit and am even short of words to explain this love you have for others, for believers that hurt and don’t change, that sin and don’t even repent, but you worry and care about them…and having detested that about you, having come from the darkness I came from, and having waited impatiently for your patience with “them” to run thin and for words out of your mouth that would hopefully hurt “them” and never seeing that day, it finally made a trick on me. To my dismay I have found myself infected with the same celestial virus, the freedom to fully follow Jesus that you have. You have made a disciple out of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.