Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Bad Planner and the Hidden Agendas


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11

I didn’t plan my day well. After more than 10 years I failed to foresee problems when putting my instrument back to work after being idled for 3 weeks. So I had my nice earrings, nice linen dress, hair done and all while on my knees on the dusty floor of the ICP lab hooking and unhooking cables to and from the instrument.

It was then that I started thinking that my manager didn’t plan very well either. Panicking that making the instrument functional would be too advanced for my knowledge, she called the service engineer for Thermo, only to find out that she forgot to renew the service contract sent to her 6 weeks ago! Now the instrument was down and us out of luck. When she nearly ran out of my lab to put her paperwork in order I had some peace to diagnose the instrument’s symptoms and got it fixed!!! ALL BY MYSELF!!!!

It was then that I started thinking that I didn’t plan (really plan) my life either. I didn’t plan to become a career woman who comes to work wearing dresses and perfume but works like a man, a spectroscopic engineer using tools and chemicals and computers on dirty floors, while colleagues walk in and out of my lab; but now I like it!

I didn’t plan on becoming a divorced grandma at 40 something and to be on my granddaughter’s bedroom cradling her on my arms at 2am, and pampering her and her mom with my love and post promotion BLESSED income; but now I like it!

No I didn’t have a plan...I didn’t know or failed to get informed when I was younger that plans are necessary and that most people have one, even for other people’s lives.

A jealous friend’s plan for your life is that things don’t go accordingly, at least once…

A salesman’s plan for your life is that you buy, not just once…

A drug dealer’s plan for your life is not necessarily to destroy it, but to make you into a dependent, hopefully a big one…

A devil’s plan for your life is that you may never know God thus never knowing God’s plan for you.

It was then that I started thinking about God's plans.

Because God’s plans are to prosper and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future! I suddenly received this Word in my heart again, but so deeply and as suddenly as I received it, I realized that for me to be a true expression of God’s love, I must have this same PLAN for all the people around me, that they have peace and not harm, so that they may have a hope and a future. God indeed is Great!

No comments: