Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To My Friend


I am “beauty” that God created.

I fit so perfectly against white clouds and blue skies

Underneath aromatic orange trees

Surrounded by crystal like buzzing bees


I am “beauty” that God created and I cannot forget.

I fit so perfectly against golden afternoons

Bathed on  red bloody suns

In each, we can hear the sounds of laughter or sobbing whispers

I’m emotion, I’m music, I’m life He holds dear


I’ve seen dying and losing one we held, a loved one

I’ve seen “borning” and gaining one we already held waiting for, a loved one


I’ve seen divisions and heard fighting voices

That got somber and cold

Not cold, icy and sharp as nails

There would be no musical note

On a Sheppard Scale


I’ve seen walking away

The distance gaining

The draft of doors closing

Without warm embraces and farewells

And smily hellos fading, when all wasn’t well


I’ve seen the labels

And what they can do

And to war against them

Some label others too


I’ve seen how delicate

We all really are

A mix of soft tissues

In a breakable frame

Like little fleeting bugs against a windshield

None stands a chance

And so all we are, have and hold

Can be gone without notice out cold


I’ve seen the opinions and the dissatisfaction

And if you ask me why, I will say:

Because from God’s love, one can walk away

One can forget his beauty, so his beauty walks away


But not us

We’re droplets of oil sprinkled by pierced hands

We’re God’s little love notes or big love letters

To humanity

We’re beauty that God created, all of us

Including them and thee





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, how about links exchanging? Please contact me asap, Thanks.