Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Pastor's Stubbornness.

For years I openly voiced my question: why would my pastor remain in a church governed by members and votes and assemblies? Why follow a church method so seemingly obsolete and unfruitful, if not painful to watch the endless discussions over small issues and votes over the most simplistic decisions? His life without a shadow of doubt would be sooooo much easier if he was in a church where he could make a decision and just move forward with that.

But now, after ten years or so, of subtracting instead of adding forces with him, of criticizing instead of understanding, I finally "got it" : My pastor simply wont deviate from the Bible. He can be laughed at, mocked, criticized, pushed in every way, he can tolerate tremendous pressure from friends and family alike, yet his deal is with God and he wont go for anything not Biblical... I think one of his goals in life as a pastor is to keep the Biblical teachings and standards unadulterated and unchanged in the churches he tends to.

See, for years I criticised traditional Baptists, my view of them was an arrogant religious people, till this weekend when I was called one....LOL... I was called a mindless, ignorant fool because in the interest of decorum I voiced my opinion against a church having a mechanical bull for ladies to ride on it, along with worldly music and dancing on their temple. So, to make a long story short, a young man, offended with my opinion, among other things told me to shove my degrees up my (you know what) ...

I thanked God for that, because now I know how painful it is to be labeled a religious person for just voicing an opinion. So, now after years of ignorance, I finally understand my pastor.
The door to "unbiblical dogmas and methods is one that most never be opened. No one can safely deviate from the Bible, no matter how Godly the intentions of the heart really are.

I now understand his pain, his frustrations on trying to make revivalists and traditionalists see eye to eye, on hoping some day they're able to offer God's worship and service in love and fellowship, and to keep walking towards our Christian goal not submerged in criticism and pride.

John 17: 20
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont see anything wrong with a country party even if held inside a religious temple...if women were riding the bull in pants so what?

Julia Marassi said...

Well, isnt it nice, to be able to express one opinion without being cursed at or disrespected? Thats my point on the post.

Anonymous said...

Do women usually ride the bull with no pants on?
I think the church spends too much time arguing with eachother about little things which keeps them too busy or useless to care for more important things outside the church.
The label we should care about is good and faithful servant.

Anonymous said...

To be church there is no need to copy the world

Julia Marassi said...

This is an example of being able to express contrary opinions without hateful language.

Brothers and sisters the day we loose our freedom to express ourselves and even to be opposing another's opinion we will be in a communist country or in a "communist" church.

Everyone should be entitles to express thier thoughts, or are we forbidden to think?

Anonymous said...

COMMUNISM NO, MARXISM YES.